Last updated: July 2018
Big Light is committed to protecting your privacy. Our website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visitor experience. This website complies with all UK and EU laws and requirements for user privacy.
HOW DO WE CARE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Let us explain how we collect, use and store your personal information. We will strive to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date, ensuring that it isn’t kept for longer than necessary.
By using our website or by providing any personal information to Big Light, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as set out in this privacy statement.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Big Light collects information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you communicate with us, you may voluntarily choose to give us certain information – for example, by sending us an email to the address given in our Contact section. Any of this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b. When you give us permission to obtain information from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from another account – for example, by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
Whilst using our website or the services within it, you may be required to provide personal information, such as your name and email address. We will use this information to administer our website and contact databases. Furthermore, if a telephone number has been provided, you consent to Big Light contacting you using that method. Emails that you send to us or that we send to you may be retained as a record of contact.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will use the information held about you in the following ways:
Directly Provided Data: We will use this information to:
- respond to your enquiries or to process your requests in relation to your information;
- provide and personalise our services generally;
- administer records of our services; and
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, making the site easier for you to use and providing you with access to all parts of the site.
User Authorised Data: We will use this information to:
- administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- help to keep the website safe and secure.
We must have a lawful basis for processing your personal information. We consider that we have a lawful basis where:
- you have given us consent to do so for the specific purposes which we have told you about;
- it is necessary for us to do so to provide you with the services that you have requested from us – for example, responding to your enquiries;
- it is necessary in order to fulfill our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- the law otherwise permits or requires it.
Where we process your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests, these are our (or our third party’s) interests in providing our services to you in an efficient and secure manner.
WHO DO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH?
Big Light will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of any form of contact with us, to anyone.
Big Light shares your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Compliance with laws – we may collect, use, retain and share your information in good faith if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to a legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property and safety of our clients or others.
- Administering the provision of services to you – we may share your information with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
Big Light will not share personal information to third parties for any means of marketing, sales or any other commercial purposes without your prior and explicit consent. Your personal information may be processed by an external service provider acting on our behalf, in order to provide one or more services exclusively related to your relationship with our company.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of the personal information you provide to us, and the choices you have regarding our collection and use of your personal information.
Once we have received your personal information, we follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised access.
We may process your personal information using web services hosted outside the European Economic Area. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into UK law under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Unfortunately, the transmission of your personal information via the internet is never 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to us over the internet and you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
Big Light will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. We will hold onto the information you provide to be able to maintain communication with you for as long as necessary to provide answers to your queries.
If legally required or if reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time, even after it is no longer needed to provide information to you.
Our cookies help us to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect: quickly and reliably
- Compile anonymous visitor statistics to continue to improve our website for you
- Remember your settings during visits, such as your language selection
- Improve the speed and security of the site.
- Collect any personally identifiable or sensitive information without your express permission
- Transfer information to advertising networks
- Transfer personally identifiable data to third parties
Cookies set by www.biglight.com
|_icl_visitor_lang_js||Language - Stores the current language||session||WPML|
|wpml_browser_redirect_test||Language - Stores the current language||session||WPML|
Like most websites, our site includes certain add-ons, provided by third parties. Some third-party services embedded within the website set their own cookies. While we rely on the functionality that these programs provide, their cookies are not set by our website and we have no control over cookies that are set by third-party services.
If your browser settings are adjusted to accept cookies, we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you grant us permission to employ our cookies. You can choose to turn off cookies, but this will interfere with your experience navigating our website.
Turning cookies off
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from our website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take the necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from our website and its external serving vendors.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring that you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
Regarding information relating to you that comes into our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide Big Light with your personal information, we enable you to do all of the following:
- Request not to be sent marketing, promotional or learning communication;
- Request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time;
- Request to change, correct or update any personal data that we hold that is inaccurate; or
- Request to erase your personal information.
Please contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of these rights and/or if you wish to complain about how your information has been collected, used or how long we have kept it for. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity to satisfy your request before we reveal any information, including your email address and possibly your postal address.
WHO CAN YOU ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION?
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below:
Big Light Productions LTD
4th Floor, 33-34 Alfred Place
London WC1E 7DP, UK
If you are unsatisfied with our response to any information protection issues you raise with us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the authority in the UK that is tasked with the protection of personal data and privacy.